Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Picking your nose

Yesterday, as I was driving home from dropping my daughter off at band - I am so grateful for the opportunity she has to be in band in the public schools.  I love the idea of free public education, just when it's forced...
On the way home I drove by someone in his car who obviously had an annoying itch in his nose.  I smiled at him my biggest smile because it is Christmas time and I LOVE Christmas and so I smile at people.  And he looked scared that I had seen him with his finger anywhere near his nose.  I live with a lot of little kids.  A finger in a nose is the least of my scary "gross" things I worry about.  I am just sad that we have created such a false utopian society for ourselves that innocent people are scared that everybody who sees them will judge them for something. 

No comments:

Post a Comment