Friday, December 27, 2013

Not Acknowledging the Government

Sometimes my kids have melt downs.  Not cry in the corner melt downs, but throw chairs, make holes in the wall, melt downs.  My kids are very athletic. 

When this happens, I have 3 different approaches I am tempted to try. 
1. Get angry and react.
2. Get angry and decide to ignore it.
3. Not take it as a personal attack on my parenting, assess the situation as it really is and do what I can to help.


(Wonderful, wonderful, wonderful!!! book if you like laughing at yourself and have actually deigned to have to deal with comments like "If you give in, she will never respect you!" lol)

Now in parenting, the answer here is very clear to me.  I have prevented countless broken windows, and more importantly broken hearts, as my kids get older and they always know that they can trust me with anything and turn to me for nonjudgmental help with their problems.  But when the "wayward" kid is someone or thing trying to take my freedom away, I am again faced with the same choices if I want change and revolution.
1. Get angry and react. (American Revolution / Civil War)
2. Get angry and decide to ignore it.  (Martin Luther King Jr. / Gandhi)
3.  Not take it as a personal attack on my parenting, asses the situation as it really is and do what I can to help.  (We don't know these people's names for a reason - most people don't even know these revolutions happened, but what about the Berlin Wall?  What about freedom of religion in China?)

“Over the years, the Church has built a strong relationship of trust with the People’s Republic of China by always respecting the important laws and traditions of that country,” Elder Oaks said.

According to Terry Warner, you usually have to choose between being right and being happy.  I'd rather be happy.  Furthermore, I very strongly believe that being happy brings about more change than being right does.



Politically I am a Communist-Anarchist.  Very much like a Voluntaryist.  But I don't believe in not acknowledging the Governments existence.  I believe in helping.



(This is just a kids book - not a political book - it just has the word "party" in it and I think of it every time I hear the word, as my kids love reading "Party! Party! Party!")

If everybody who could vote for president last election, had.  And everybody that didn't vote last election that could have, didn't vote for either of the two "Parties", then "other" would have had a majority vote!

Let's change the world, not just in a nonviolent way, but in a nice way!

No comments:

Post a Comment