Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Last minute Monkey Christmas Present craft!



"Insect, insect, insect beams!"

We are experts at doing things last minute!  When my daughter started band and choir at the local public school, school started at 8:05 a.m.  On the first day of school, we walked into the store to buy her school supplies at 7:52 a.m.  It only takes 7 min. to get from the store to the school, right?

So Christmas shopping is always cheaper right before Christmas.  Significantly so.  That is when we do all our shopping.  (often it is not very crowded either).  That way we can answer truthfully that we haven't gotten the kids anything for Christmas if they ask ;)

This year we put in an order from Amazon at 2:59 p.m. Thurs.  and they got here tonight!  We were outside when the Santa Claus truck came, so knowing they were the real Santa Clauses that go around the world in one night, I ran to the truck to get the boxes from them so they could take Christmas to more people faster, or at least get home to their families faster.  That's the least I can do.  They support Christmas so much!!!


So, speaking of last minute Christmas gifts, I love this idea my daughter came up with when she heard my little brother liked monkeys and she wanted to give him a monkey for Christmas!

I don't know what it is stuffed with, but it is just a sock with hair rubber bands on it!  I thought it was so creative.  The heel on the other side in the yellow is so cute too.  Sorry I don't have a better picture!

No comments:

Post a Comment